Sony F65 Firmware Update V1.5
In the next week or so Sony will release a new firmware upgrade for their flagship F65 cameras. Below is a list of features that are included or improved with V1.5 firmware.
- Improved Fan Control (low fan mode extended during recording)
- Shutter motor now powers down completely when using electronic shutter
Recording & Playback
- Instant playback without needing to reboot the SR-R4 recorder
- SLOG2 for HDSDI output (which covers full 1300% of range instead of 900%)
- SStP Recording (HD) at 440Mbps & 220Mbps compression (880Mbps will be available this summer)
- RAW Lite (an alternative slightly more compressed RAW which gets 50 minutes of 24p at 512gig vs. 30 minutes for regular RAW)
- HDSDI Embedded TC, Audio,· & Rec Trigger (RAW Mode only but SStP ability in early June)
- Improvement of the viewfinder delay (now .5 frame faster)
- Improved viewfinder Markers
- Modified Aspect Ratios (fixed some issues found in early productions)
- Variable Markers (also control of· thickness and brightness)
- Fix for bug with the VCLX battery which caused 24v ports to shutdown at battery startup.
- RPN detect at Power-on (RPN is a process that compensates for hot pixels. In addition to being able to run this manually, the camera will automatically perform the function at start up.
- New version of the F65Remote iPad app (V1.5) support camera firmware V1.5 and adds more Diagnosis info.
- Improvements to iPad connection and interface (more status info)
- iPad application type control now available via web interface of camera which will work with iPhone and Android phones/tablets (device must be capable of peer to peer connections or use an Access Point)
How to Upgrade
Contact the Band Pro Service Department at 818-841-9655 or email@example.com to schedule a time to send your camera in for upgrade.