Designed from the ground up, the new Chrosziel Mattebox 456-30 Academy brings professional shading and filtering solutions to the new breed of digital cinematography cameras and lenses.
The basic unit features a 16:9/4:3 wide angle housing for compatibility with prime lenses as wide as 14mm (35mm Academy) without vignetting.
The mattebox comes with a filterstage for three 4x5.650/5x5 independently rotating filter holders, making it large enough for wide lenses, yet compact enough for handheld work. In addition, the smart design provides ample room for the easy manipulation of filters — such as vertical grads — to any desired position.
The new Chrosziel Mattebox 456-30 Academy comes standard with two mounting solutions for use in both handheld work or in full-production studio applications. The unit comes with a 130mm clamp adapter and a lightweight support bracket for use with 15mm rods.
The MB 456-30 Academy is designed to integrate onto 15mm or 19mm bridgeplate rods with the use of Chrosziel's bridgeplate adapters (Optional).
Manipulation of Light
The standard articulating French Flag protects against flair and loss of contrast. The French flag can be teamed with optional side wings for precise manipulation of light.
Faster Lens Changes
Chrosziel makes faster lens changes possible with the use of the optional Chrosziel swing-away bracket. Once installed, it can be used to smoothly and quickly move the mattebox away from the camera lens. This is an invaluable feature on shoots requiring multiple lens changes.
- Chrosziel Mattebox - 16:9/4:3 - [456-30]
- French Flag [402-26]
- Filterstage for Three Individually Rotating Filter Holders
- Three 4x5.65/5x5 Filter Holders - [510-01]
- Ø 130mm Clamp-on Rear Plate
- Bracket for 15mm Lightweight Support Rods
- Covers wide lenses up to 14mm (35mm Academy)
- Covers 16:9 & 4:3 format
- Three individual rotating filter stages
- Clamps onto lenses up to Ø 130mm
- Mounts onto 15mm mini rods
- Mounts onto 15mm or 19mm bridge plate rods with use of optional adapter
- French Flag — for added light control
- Option for side wings — for added light control
Max Focal Length:
14mm (35mm Academy)
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!