The NXCAM NEX-FS100 Super 35mm camcorder has been developed specifically for shooting truly stunning images at low cost. The high sensitivity, large format CMOS sensor is capable of producing full 1920 x 1080 progressive images with shallow depth of field similar to that of a film camera.
For even more creative flexibility, the NEX-FS100 also enables extended continuous recording and simultaneous recording of HD video footage for instant backup with an HXR-FMU128 Flash Memory Unit. These and other valuable features make this compact, high performance camera ideal for producing everything from low budget commercials, music videos and documentaries to wedding videos.
The NEX-FS100 can be supplied with or without a lens so you can choose the optics which best suit your creative requirements. Sony’s E-mount interchangeable lenses let you enjoy a level of creative freedom unimaginable with camcorders of the past and optional adaptors (including PL mount) enable use of a vast array of lenses from a wide variety of manufacturers.
Limited -Time Rebate Offer available now from Sony; full details here: Sony FS100 Rebate
- Equipped with a large CMOS sensor equivalent in size to Super35mm film like that used in the PMW-F3, it is able to create a rich bokeh effect (beautifully defocused image) to produce the much-desired shallow-focus look associated with top-shelf commercials and feature films. The sensor also features the optimum number of effective pixels for shooting HD moving images. This new sensor is designed with outstanding exposure latitude and sensitivity to deliver extraordinary HD images subtle in detail and color gradation while avoiding image artifacts typical of HDSLRs.. A tape measure hook and an image sensor position index on the body marks the position of the focal plane.
- 35mm E-Mount Interchangeable Lens System. The NXCAM Super35 features a Sony E-mount Interchangeable lens system. Due to the adoption of the E-mount interchangeable lens system, a great variety of current and future E-mount lenses from various lens manufacturers (Sony Zeiss, Tamron, Sigma and Cosina) are compatible. Thanks to its unusually shallow flange focal distance virtually any 35mm lens can be mounted via third-party adapters. Furthermore, “α” A-mount lenses can be mounted via Sony’s LA-EA1 adapter to electrically control iris and autofocus functions.
- 1920x1080 60P recording at 28Mbps. The new PS mode with a 28Mbps bit-rate enables the NXCAM Super35 to capture full HD at 60P.
- 1920x1080P Slow and Quick Motion (Over & Under Cranking). Recording images at a different frame rate from that used for playback provides the extra versatility of slow and quick motion shooting. The NEX-FS100 enables Full HD (1920×1080) progressive slow and quick motion. S&Q shooting plus last scene review permits checking the S&Q effects on-set, immediately after shooting the scene without drilling down menus.
- Sharp, large and bright 3.5 XtraFine™ LCD/ View finder. Located on the optical axis, the 3.5-inch-type XtraFine LCD panel enables easier, more intuitive framing, especially during hand-held shooting. And the LCD panel can be rotated for stress-free operation from either side of the camera. For easier, more precise focusing, a large Viewfinder tube with 1.2x magnifier is supplied to convert the LCD into a superb viewfinder.
- Flexible recording media. Recording to the directly mountable HXR-FMU128 Flash Memory unit allows continuous recording for over 10 hours without changing the recording medium. Simultaneous recording using memory cards and other media is also possible for secure backup when shooting footage that can't be reshot.
- HDMI Output with Embedded Time code for 4:2:2 Uncompressed digital output. For extra convenience when using external recorders, the NEX-FS100 provides an HDMI Output with Embedded Time code and pull down markers Signal Output al Output.
- Build-up modular design. Featuring a compact, lightweight body with detachable grip, handle, and viewfinder tube, the NXCAM Super35 can be configured for a wide range of shooting situations. To facilitate hand-held shooting, the angle of the handgrip can be positioned 360 degrees as desired and the LCD Panel can rotate for left or right side operation. Furthermore, there are numerous 1/4- and 3/8-inch screw holes on both the handle and the camera body for mounting the camera or attaching various peripheral devices.
|Audio Recording Specifications||Detail:|
|Audio Recording Modes||16-bit 48KHz LPCM or Dolby Digital Stereo 48KHz|
|Imaging Device||Exmor Super35 CMOS Sensor|
|LCD Screen||3.5 inch-type, XtraFine LCD, approx. 921,600 dots(1920 x 480), 16:9 aspect|
|Microphone||ECM-XM1 Shotgun type monoaural mic.|
|Camera Section Specifications||Detail:|
|Minimum Illumination||0.28 lx (1/30 shutter, IRIS F1.4, Auto GAIN)|
|Optical System||Single Super35mm size sensor|
|Pickup Device||"Exmor" Super35 CMOS Sensor|
|Shutter Speed (Time)||Auto: 1/60-1/2000, 30p: 1/30-1/2000, 24p: 1/48-1/2400 Manual:60i/30p/60p: 1/3 - 1/10000, 24p: 1/3 - 1/10000|
|Slow & Quick Motion Function||REC. Frame rates: 1080/60p, 1080/30p, 1080/24p Camera capture: 60fps, 30fps, 15fps, 8fps, 4fps, 2fps, 1fps|
|Exmor R Image Sensor Specifications||Detail:|
|Video Captured Image Resolution||hd: 1920x1080|
|Continuous Operating Time||Approx. 510 min (NP-F970: fully charged battery.)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Body only: 5 x 4 x 7 5/8 inch (126.5 x 101.5 x 193.5 mm)|
|Mass||Body only: 2 lbs. 4oz (1.04 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||+32 to +104 degrees F (0 to +40 degrees (C)|
|Power Consumption||5.6W (w/ supplied lens) 6.7W with HXR-FMU128|
|Power Requirements||AC adaptor / Battery) 8.4V / 7.2V|
|Recording Frame Rate NTSC Mode||PS (28Mbps) 1920x1080 60p, HD FX (24Mbps) 1920x1080 30p HD FX (24Mbps) 1920x1080 24p, HD FX (24Mbps) 1920x1080 60i, HD FH (17Mbps) 1920x1080 60i, HD HQ (9Mbps) 1440x1080 60i, HD LP (5Mbps) 1440x1080 60i, HD FH (17Mbps),1920x1080 24p, HD FH (17Mbps) 1920x1080 30p, HD FX (24Mbps), 1280x720 60p, HD FH (17Mbps) 1280x720 60p HQ (9Mbps) 720x480/60i (30p Scan) , HQ (9Mbps), 720x480/60i (24p Scan)|
|Recording Media||HXR-FMU128optional 128 GB Memory Module SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark2 Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX|
|Recording/Playback Time||170 min (2h 50m) with 32GB Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX at FX(24Mbps) Linear PCM 2ch recording|
|Storage Temperature||4 to +140 degrees F (-20 to +60 degrees C)|
|Video Recording Format||HD: HD MPEG-4 AVCHD format compatible +1080/60p original format) SD: MPEG-2 PS (Same as DVD)|
|Weight||Body Only: 2 lbs. 4oz (1.04 kg)|
|Inputs and Outputs Specifications||Detail:|
|Audio In||XLR 3-pin (female) (x 2), LINE/MIC/MIC with selectable attenuation and +48V phantom power|
|Audio Out||2 RCA via AV Cable|
|Component Out||HDMI 1.4 RCA Type (x 3) via Mini-D jack|
|Composite Video Out||RCA Type (x 1)|
|Lens Connector||E-Mount Hot Shoe|
|MIC In||Two 3-Pin XLR with selectable attenuation and phantom power|
|Remote||LANC type 2.5mm|
|USB||mini-AB/Hi-Speed (x 1)|
|Lens Mount||Sony E-Mount|
|Built-in LCD Monitor||3.5 inch-type, XtraFine LCD, approx. 921,600 dots(1920 x 480), 16:9 aspect|
|Viewfinder||Supplied VF tube for LCD|
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!