- 4K 60p in a handheld camera With the PXW-Z100, high resolution and high sensitivity go hand in hand. The 1/2.3” sensor boasts 8.8 million effective pixels, while back-illuminated Exmor® R CMOS technology delivers impressive low-light performance. The sophisticated optics of Sony’s 4K-rated G Lens provides a generous 20x zoom, plus a versatile 30mm wide angle (4K mode, 35mm full frame equivalent).
- Sony’s amazing XAVC codec The PXW-Z100 boasts the same high-end XAVC™ Intra codec as the F55 digital motion picture camera. You get the power of 4:2:2 color, the dynamic expression of 10-bit recording and the accuracy of all-I-frame encoding, which compresses each frame individually. Based on industry-standard AVC/H.264 compression, XAVC recording is already compatible with leading dailies, editing and color correction tools. You get 4K, QFHD or HD at frame rates from 24p to 60p. The maximum 4K bit rate is 600 Mbps (60p) while the top HD bit rate is 223 Mbps (50/60p).
- Advanced XQD memory cards Keeping up with the impressive data rates of XAVC 4K recording takes some equally impressive memory. The PXW-Z100 features two slots for XQD™ memory cards, which have been standardized by the CompactFlash Association. The system takes advantage of the familiar PCI Express interface and a Sony developed controller to support stable recording at up to 600 Mbps. For best performance, we recommend S Series QD-S32E and QD-S64E cards.
- Upgrade path to XAVC LongGOP For extended recording time, Sony plans to offer XAVC LongGOP and the popular AVCHD™ codec as a firmware update planned for the middle of 2014. AVCHD files are particularly well suited to the Blu-ray Disc® playback environment.
- Relay recording For extended shoots, the PXW-Z100 provides relay recording between the two card slots. You can begin a recording session on one card, then automatically switch to another—and even replace the first card and switch back! Maximum session duration is 13 hours. (With current NLEs, spanned clips cannot be combined. Depending on NLE, audio may be discontinuous at the breaks.)
- High-quality audio Two XLR connectors support professional microphones such as the Sony ECM-680S and wireless microphone systems such as the UWP-V1. By combining the built-in stereo microphone with the external microphone input, you can record up to four channels of 24-bit/48-kHz audio.
- Time code input/output A true professional, the PXW-Z100 provides time code input and output, vital to multi-camera productions.
- Wi-Fi remote control For operating flexibility, you can control record start/stop, focus, zoom and aperture from a smartphone browser.
- Creative paint functions The PXW-Z100 affords exceptional creative control with adjustable gamma curve, black level, skin detail, color and more. You can even save these parameters to a memory card as a camera profile. Then use your profile on another PXW-Z100 for precise matching in multi-camera setups.
- Powerful focus assist Because focus is especially critical on 4K content, Sony provides auto focus and one-touch auto focus, plus powerful support for manual focus, including color peaking and focus magnifier.
- 60Hz and 50Hz system switchable
- Optional 3 or 5 year Extended Warranty available
|Camera Section Specifications||Detail:|
|Built-in Optical Filters||Clear
|Gain||0 3 6 9 12 15 18 21 dB AGC|
|Imaging Device||1-chip 1/2.3 type back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS Sensor|
|Minimum Illumination||60P : 4lux(1/30 Shutter Speed)
50P : 3lux(1/25 Shutter Speed)
|Optical System||Single sensor|
|Shutter Speed (Time)||Auto/Manual selectable, 1/3 sec to 1/9,000 sec|
|Slow & Quick Motion Function||1080p: 18.104.22.168.15.30,60 fps (60Hz mode)
1080p: 22.214.171.124.12.25,50 fps (50Hz mode)
|Slow Shutter||1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30 sec. (60Hz mode)
1/3, 1/6, 1/12, 1/25 sec. (50Hz mode)
|White Balance||Preset (outdoor 5600 K), Memory A, Memory B, ATW|
|Battery Operating Time||Approx. 165 min with NP-F970 battery (while recording, EVF On)
Approx. 160 min with NP-F970 battery (while recording, LCD monitor On)
|Built-in Microphone||Omni-directional stereo electret condenser microphone|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||7 7/16 x 7 19/32 x 14 1/4 inches (without protrusions)
189x193x362 mm (without protrusions)
|Mass||Approx. 5 lb 6.75 oz
Approx. 6 lb 6.7 oz (with lens hood, eye piece, NP-F970 battery, ECM-XM1 microphone.)
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +104°F (0°C to +40°C)|
|Power Consumption||Approx. 14.9 W (while recording, EVF On)
Approx. 15.2 W (while recording, LCD monitor On)
|Power Requirements||12.0V (AC Adaptor) / 7.2V (battery pack);|
XAVC 4k(4096x2160)/QFHD(3840x2160) Intra 4:2:2 10-bit MXF
XAVC Full HD(1920x180) Intra 4:2:2 10bit MXF
LPCM 8CH (2CH recording/playback), 24-bit, 48-kHz
|Recording Frame Rate||XAVC 4K (4096 x 2160): 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
XAVC QFHD (3840 x 2160): 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
XAVC HD (1920x1080): 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
|Recording/Playback Time||XAVC 4k(4096x2160)/QFHD(3840x2160) Intra 4:2:2 10-bit MXF
60p[600Mbps] approx 20min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
50p[500Mbps] approx 30min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
30p[300Mbps] approx 40min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
25p[250Mbps] approx 50min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
24p[240Mbps] approx 60min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
XAVC Full HD(1920x180) Intra 4:2:2 10bit MXF
60p[223Mbps] approx 60min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
50p[223Mbps] approx 60min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
30p[112Mbps] approx 120min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
25p[112Mbps] approx 120min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
24p[89Mbps] approx 150min with QD-S64(64GB) XQD memory card
|Storage Temperature||-4 to +140 degrees F (-20 to +60 degrees C)|
|Audio Input||XLR-type 3-pin (female) (x2), line/mic/mic +48 V selectable|
|Audio Output||RCA pin (L/R)|
|Composite Output||RCA pin|
|DC Input||DC jack|
|HDMI Output||Type A (x1)|
|Headphone Output||Stereo mini jack (x1)|
|MIC||XLR 3-pin (female) (x2)|
|Remote||mini mini jack (x1)|
|SDI Output||BNC (x1), 3G-SDI, HD/SD selectable|
|Timecode Input||RCA pin (Input/Output)|
|Timecode Output||RCA pin (Input/Output)|
|USB||mini-B/USB2.0 Hi-speed/mass-storage (x1) TypeA/USB2.0 Hi-speed /Host (x1)|
|VF||0.45 type color LCD: 852 (H) x 480 (V), 16:9|
|Filter Diameter||M72 mm|
|Focal Length||f=4.1 - 82.0mm equivalent to f=30.0 - 600mm on 35 mm lens(17:9) equivalent to f=31.5 - 630mm on 35 mm lens(16:9)|
10 mm to ∞ (wide end)
800 mm to ∞ (tele end)
|Iris||F1.6 - F11 (auto/manual selectable)|
|Zoom Ratio||20x (optical), servo/manual|
|Built-in LCD Monitor||3.5 inch-type, XtraFine LCD, 852[H] x 480[V] x 3[RGB] ,16:9 aspect ratio|
|Viewfinder||0.45 inch-type color LCD, 852[H] x 3[RGB] x 480[V], 16:9 aspect ratio|
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!